DELHI TOWNSHIP - On Wednesday December 5th, the Delhi Township Fire Department held a live demonstration of a Christmas Tree burning in a family living room. Fire Chief Brian Ball lit the tree using a flare. The temperature of the tree reached 1600 degrees F in less than five minutes, which burned the entire living room.
The Delhi Township Fire Department hoped that this event would let people see the dangers of not following Christmas Tree safety tips, as the damage can be dangerous and life threatening. Meridian Township Fire Inspector, Tavis Millerov gave some safety tips on how to prevent a tree fire.
"If you take the time to go out and get a live tree, that your making sure it’s getting water and making sure your doing things safely, as far as your decorations".
There were a total of 10 people that attended this event.