MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP - The East Lansing-Meridian Water & Sewer Authority is hosting their second annual Water Treatment Plant Open House on Saturday, August 10th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Water Plant site located at 2470 Burcham Dr.
The family friendly event will include guided plant tours, local displays, food, hayrides and a professional clown.
The purpose of the open house is to emphasize the following key points:
• Protection of public health through the provision of a safe supply of clean, clear drinking water.
• The esthetic value of having good tasting softened water available.
• Public health and sanitation through the waste water collection and treatment system.
• Public safety through the responding Fire Departments and an adequate supply of water for fire
• The economic impact of reduced insurance costs and business operating costs.
If you have any questions about the upcoming event, please contact Clyde Dugan at the East Lansing-Meridian Water & Sewer Authority at (517) 337-7535.